Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Astorga


Last night....I decided to raise the white flag and stay in a hotel. It was a four star hotel in Astorga. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed it....or it could be the effect of sleeping in pilgrim albergues for the past few weeks. Either way, it was nice not to have 50 other people in a room snoring, no hot water, and a bed bug infested bed to sleep on. The bathroom was fantastic as well....Giant bathtub (yes I sat in hot water for a while), soaked my clothed and everything fabric in hot hot hot water, big shower, CLEAN sink, and a big breakfast in the morning! Oh man, I definitely enjoyed everything! So, instead of getting up early and walking, I decided to stay in the bed till they made me check out.....and believe me I stayed till I HAD to leave. As a result, I decided to take a day of rest, tour the city, and sleep in the albergue...where I could transition back into "reality".

In my state of relaxation, I get up from the bed...walk 200 yards to the albergue, check in...set my pack down and took off on my city adventure. I got to see the Gaudi (he's a famous architect in Spain) palace, the cathedral, and some other museum which had a bunch of religious stuff in it. Then of course, I ran to the grocery store where I made myself a greek yogurt and fruit bowl (amazing). I am also looking forward to using the full sized kitchen later tonight. Someone in the albergue told a few people that Im cooking.....So unfortunately, my cooking for two is most likely expanding. Guess my minimal cooking skills are getting put to the test...Sorry people!

Anyways, the past few days have been pretty basic. Long walks, rain, and freezing weather. I wasnt anticipating the weather to be this cold, so I might have to get a few things to help keep me warmer. According to a few other people, its going to get a little colder, so i might have no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment