Sunday, September 9, 2012

Estella


Today I made it to the town of Estella from Puenta La Reina. I was kinda glad to get out of that last hostel! It was kinda dirty, noisy, and had evidence of bed bugs crawlin around....yess I knowingly went to sleep in a bed that I knew could have have had bed bugs! O well....Its the camino! It isnt supposed to top notch living!

Anyways, another day of walking alone. It is sometimes difficult, but for the most part, find myself preferring it. Just listening to nature, or whatever else is around at the time seems to be enough. "Listening to my soul", as some people I know would put it. However, i did have a few small conversations with people. Whether I walk alone, or with someone else...I try to look at both as a gift. Its pretty cool knowing that God puts the right people in your life at just the right time.

Just when I thought I was all back to normal, my body still felt pretty tired. Partly because of the heat, and because my body is finally finding a pace that is good for it. Not as fast as I would consciously like, but not to slow. Its enough to where I don't have to think about it. My feet are tired, and I find that most people are having the same types of aches and pains. The fifth day seemed to be pretty hard for everyone that I talked to.

For once in my life, I find myself actually wanting to say the rosary. Usually I have to fight it, but this time I find it incredibly relaxing. The spiritual experience thus far has been incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on rollin bro you are doing very well! Rylan

    ReplyDelete