Friday, September 21, 2012

El Burgo Ranero

Two interesting things have happened. 1-I am building a wonderful reputation of the guy who sleep-walks! 2-slept in my first known bed bug infested bed!

So, the sleep walking night... It was a couple nights ago. I got up at about 2:30AM, packed my bag, and walked in and out of the room a bunch of times, letting the door slam, and making noise. I then proceeded to the other rooms to search for my Friend. I quietly woke her up and told her it was time to get up and start walking. So, her not really knowing the full capacity of my sleep walking...gets up and starts preparing to leave. Thankfully she figured it out... So according to others (because i woke up a few people in the hostel) I was doing this for about an hour. This isnt the first time, but it was definitely the worst! A lot of people think Im the pilgrim that leaves at 230AM (most of them dont know who it is, they just know someone got up at 230am and started walking)...haha its funny what you hear about yourself.

I am also waking up with these lovely little bites all over my arm. Sure sign of bed bugs! I also heard later that a girl was inspecting the bed early in the morning and could see all of them crawling around the top of her bed; the rest of us can just assume its the same with the rest of the beds! Gross! Well, thats the life of the Camino! I did was my clothes in super hot water! so hopefully that will slow them down.... Its like those lil guys are making their own little pilgrimage on my body......eww

Anyways, the walked today was 30km. I am two days out of Leon, where I might take a day of rest. I might even get a hotel, just to get a good nights sleep, take a long hot shower, and just recover. I haven't decided if im going to do that yet, but it sure does sound nice right about now!

The sights are still kind of dull, but like i mentioned earlier....doesnt give you much to focus on other than yourself! What a blessing in disguise this stretch of the camino is!


I must say, this walk is definitely motivating me to make the fullest of life....by that i mean experience as much as you can. Its amazing how quickly life can just go by. Thank God for what I have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment